Subscribers to The Barnes Review
receive a 10% discount
on all book and video purchases placed over the phone. Call us toll-free at 1-877-773-9077 (or ++1-951-587-6936 from abroad) to place your order charged to your Visa, Master, AmEx or Discover Card. If shopping online, please leave a note in the box "Special Instructions or Comments About Your Order" on checkout page 2 (Delivery Information), and we will give you a 10% credit for your next purchase with us. (For security reasons we do not store any information about our subscribers on our server, so this discount service cannot be calculated automatically.)
No subscriber yet?
Click here to subscribe.
They Too Were Americans: The German-American Bund in Words, Photos and Artifacts
They Too Were Americans
is an amazing inside view of the German-American Bund from interviews, personal diaries, hundreds of full color photos and artifacts compiled by the author, Scott Freeland. The Bund was a truly independent form of American National Socialism which sought understanding as well as friendship between the United States and Germany. Domestically, the Bund believed portions of the capitalist as well as National Socialist world view could be of benefit to their fellow citizens in America. Branded as traitors by many, history can now be brought into accord with the facts in this comprehensive book. In retrospect, had Americans been able to see into the future, they would have seen that alliance with Hitler—instead of Stalin—was the proper course for the United States of the 1940s as the Bund said. How many lives might have been saved?
- Was the Bund a German or American organization?
- What were the origins of the Bund?
- How many members and units of the Bund existed?
- What was the Bund’s vision for America?
- Was the Bund really an American SS?
- What U.S. official and archenemy of the Bund was a Soviet agent?
- What became of Bund members during and after WWII?
- What do authentic Bund relics and memorabilia look like?
- What was the Silver Shirt Legion and who established it?
- What went on inside Bund summer camps in the U.S?
- Why was the Bund investigated by the U.S. Congress?
- What prominent Americans were members of the Bund?
The answers to these and hundreds of other questions can be found in this brand new book from R. James Bender Publishing—the first and only book we know of published on the Bund since World War II.
As TBR readers know, Bender spares no expense in the creation of his books. This one is no exception. The paper is of the highest quality—the book itself weighs over five pounds but is in an easily handled 5.5-by-8.5-inch size.
Hardback, 5.5"×8.5", 320 pages, 562 photos—200 in full color, deluxe binding with endpapers, 70# medium gloss paper
Click here to open our detailed information flyer about this item in PDF format.
Add to Cart:
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 31 August, 2011.
Customers who bought this product also purchased...